OPTC character FAQ
- Good characters to farm?
- I’ve been doing X stage to get this X characters, but it hasn’t drop for me, what to do
- What is skillbook and where to farm it?
- How to level up a character’s special?
- Do skills stack? Such as GP Chopper and Smoker?
- Can I level up [insert character’s name here] evolved special using the unevolved version?
- How to evolve characters? There are 2 evolutions, which one should I choose?
- Where to farm evolution materials?
1. Good character to farm?
A: Right now, the good characters you can get from story drop are :
- Alvida (Ch 3 – Alvida’s Hideout & 2 Ch 2,6 Loguetown)
- Morgan (Ch 9 – Shells Town)
- Buggy (Ch 5,13 – Orange Town & Ch 8 – Lougetown )
- Kuro (Ch 5,13 – Syrup Village )
- Zeff (Ch 3 – Baratie)
- Don Krieg (Ch 5,15 – Baratie)
- Arlong (Ch 14,15 – Arlong Park)
- Tashigi (Ch 10 – Loguetown)
- Smoker (Ch 12 – Loguetown & Ch 2 Nanohana > Rainbase)
- Vivi (Ch 5,6,8 – Twin Cape & Ch 4 Whiskey Peak)
- Laboon (Ch 9,10 – Twin Cape)
- Miss Monday (Ch 3,7 – Whiskey Peak)
- Mr.5 (Ch 9,13,14 – Whiskey Peak)
- Mr.3 (Ch 11,15 – Little Garden)
- Broggy (Ch 6 – Little Garden)
- Dorry (Ch 7 – Little Garden)
- Wapol (Ch 13, 15 – Drum Island)
- Mr. 2 (Ch 3,4 – Alubarna)
- Mr. 1 (Ch 8 Alubarna)
- Crocodile (Ch 10, 15 Alubarna)
These are the good characters you can get from special event :
- Mihawk (Available only during mihawk event)
- Hina (Available only during Hina event)
- Monster Chopper (Available only during Monster Chopper event)
2. I’ve been doing X stage to get this X characters, but it hasn’t drop for me, what to do?
A: The rate of good character(Arlong, laboon, smoker) drop on story mode is pretty low, it’s believed around 1-10%. It is better to farm those characters when it’s half stamina day, or 2x drop rate day, you can find the schedule HERE. There are story mode characters that can be obtained through special extra island event, those are Buggy, Alvida, Kuro, Arlong, Don Krieg, Morgan and Smoker, so if you need them and in no rush you can wait for the extra island to come back.
3. What are skillbooks and where do I farm them?
A: Skillbooks are used to upgrade specific character’s Special Attack. Upgrading their special will reduce the turns needed to charge that special. Skillbooks can be farmed on extra island events. Each extra island event will have specific skillbooks drop.
4. How to level up a character’s special?
A: You can power up the character with a matching skillbook, or the character itself. When using characters as fodder to level up the special, make sure the skill name is the same. Basically if the characters have same skill name, it will have a chance to level up the skill level. Moreover, character’s skill level will carry on after being evolved as long as they have the same skill name.
5. Do skills stack? Such as GP Chopper and Smoker?
A: Here is how that works. You use GP Chopper. It reduces dmg by 50% for the next 3 turns. Then Smoker’s skill will reduce 50% of the left over for the 3 turns. Turn delays DO NOT stack. You can’t use Usopp to delay for 3 turns then Mr. 3 for an extra 1 to make 4. V2 Usopp and V2 Coby does stack because they are technically different. Coby boosts orbs while Usopp boosts PSY. So they both can be used in a PSY team.
6. Can I level up [insert character’s name here] evolved special using the unevolved version?
A: If the skill names are the same, they can be used.
7. How to evolve characters? There are 2 evolutions, which one should I choose?
A: You can evolve characters by tapping crew then evolve. You can choose any characters you want to evolve, if you have the available materials, it will glow with yellow border. Sometimes there are 2 paths to evolve characters, basically for the starting characters like Zoro, Sanji, Nami and Usopp, all of them have 2 paths but those 2 versions can be evolved into the ultimate version. Usopp should always be evolved into Golden Pound and stop, do not evolve him into Sogeking because Golden Pound is better than Sogeking.
Zoro and Sanji both will have their best stat on the ultimate version Ashura Ichibugin and Diable Jambe Flambe. The evolution path using 2 materials will get you a weaker version compared to the one using a crab. Weaker version will only need lvl 35 to be evolved into the ultimate version, but it will need a pirate penguin. Stronger version will need lvl 50 to be evolved and will not need any pirate penguin. Pirate penguin itself is pretty hard to get but there’s a pirate penguin island every Wednesday. If you want to save those turtles for other characters, you can go with the weaker version, and get a pirate penguin for the evolution. If you feel getting a pirate penguin is hard you can go with the stronger version.
Nami can be evolved into Tornado tempo and Mirage tempo and both can be evolved into Thunderbolt Nami. Mirage tempo has a good special, which is block 1 INT atk. This special can be pretty good against int bosses, such as Rainbow Dragon. Some people prefer to keep Mirage Tempo Nami and not evolving her further because of that and the fact that in the future there will be better int characters and Thunderbolt Nami won’t be used at all.
8. Where to farm evolution materials?
A: You can find them HERE